Manchester United’s interest in Kvaratskhelia is clearly driven by the need to reinforce their attacking options. The Georgian winger’s performances for Napoli, coupled with his young age, suggest that he has a lot of potential.
However, several challenges can impact his move to Old Trafford:
- Financial Fair Play (FFP) Restrictions: The article suggests Manchester United is facing challenges regarding the FFP, which regulates how much clubs can spend based on their income. If they can’t offload fringe players or make sales, they might be restricted in how much they can spend.
- Positional Overlap: Kvaratskhelia primarily plays on the left-wing, which is also the favored position of Marcus Rashford. This could lead to selection dilemmas and potential tension in the squad if both players demand to play in that position.
- Kvaratskhelia’s Form: Though he had a standout season the previous year, his form seems to have dipped, as evidenced by his recent goal drought. This could be a point of consideration for any potential suitor.
- Transfer Fee: Napoli, given Kvaratskhelia’s past performance and potential, are likely to demand a high transfer fee. With FFP restrictions in mind, United may find it challenging to negotiate a price that aligns with their budgetary constraints.
- Sancho and Antony Issues: The public dispute with Sancho and the allegations surrounding Antony complicate matters for the club. If these issues are not resolved, it puts added pressure on the team and the management to quickly find replacements or solutions.
- Injury Concerns: The mention of Amad’s injury further underlines the challenges in the wide positions for Manchester United.
Given these challenges, it seems United have a complex situation to navigate in the upcoming transfer windows. The acquisition of Kvaratskhelia might address one problem but could simultaneously introduce new ones, especially if Rashford’s position is threatened. It’ll be interesting to see how the club manages these challenges, prioritizing the harmony and balance within the squad while addressing its tactical needs.